Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Technorati

I first started this exercise a month ago. No, I didn't take a whole month to work on this exercise. Instead, I went on vacation, and when I got back, I had no motivation to finish the program.Today, the amazing "Paul Musser" convinced me to start working on the program again. As I glanced over the technorati site, I started remembering the first impression that I had last month.(I was intimidated because the site looks very busy. I almost felt like they were throwing stuff at me. It seems like they made it there goal to put as much information as they could on one page). I decided to start with a search. Library 2.0 seemed like a good choice. I was surprised to see how many hits there were, but then I realized that the site brought up anything that had those keywords in it. Some of the posts that I looked at had nothing to do with Library 2.0. I realize that this is typical in a keyword search, so I clicked on the blog tag. I found this to be much more useful.
It was kinda fun reading different people's opinions and thoughts. This has been the best blog search site that I have used. On the other hand, I do not think that this will be helpful for future library reference. Blogs are written by anyone, whether they are qualified or not to be writing about the subject.

No comments: